Google took one more step towards Android 14 development. The company finally released the Android 14 Beta 3 for its Pixel smartphones. Google Pixel 7a got this update for the first time.
A few features of Android 14 Beta 3, under the accessibility feature we get non-linear font scaling, Privacy upgrades for partial photos/video access, Gesture navigation supporting animation, and others.
Android 14 Beta 3 Changelog
Beta versions act as testing versions, finding issues and then resolving them in the next upgrade. Check all the details which are listed below.
- Fixed issues that prevented Wi-Fi calling from being enabled for some devices and carriers. (Issue #277964472)
- Fixed an issue that caused Direct My Call interactions to fail in some cases where they would normally work. (Issue #278252154)
- Fixed system issues that caused unnecessary power consumption in some cases.
- Fixed system stability issues that caused UI jank in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that caused the system Settings app to crash while setting the wallpaper.
- Fixed an issue with the system UI that could cause a GPU hang, leading to “Application Not Responding” (ANR) errors.
- Fixed a system issue that could sometimes cause a device’s GPS services to stop working until the device was rebooted.
- Fixed issues with the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) that could prevent devices from being able to make Wi-Fi calls in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where a blank screen displays after selecting the “Message” option for a recent caller in the Google Phone app.
- Fixed an issue where while 3-button navigation was enabled for a device, putting Google Maps into picture-in-picture mode made the picture-in-picture window disappear.
- Fixed an issue where locking and unlocking a device while playing a video in the Google TV app could cause the device to freeze.
- Fixed an issue with Android Auto where some users could be asked to re-pair Bluetooth.
- Fixed issues with Health Connect, including the following issues and other API and system behaviors:
- An issue where the system back button stopped working while Health Connect integration was in progress.
- An issue where the Route Permissions screen would sometimes freeze.
- An issue where Health Connect sometimes couldn’t be accessed in system settings.
- An issue where the data category page of Health Connect was missing some permission types when a filter was applied.
- An issue with the Credential Manager platform APIs causes instability in apps that use them. A fix is available in the latest preview version of the Android 14 SDK, which developers can install using Android Studio. Developers who previously installed a preview version of the Android 14 SDK should completely uninstall the previous version and then reinstall the SDK to apply the fix.
- An issue with the system UI sometimes causes the screen to flicker when a video is playing or an app is used in picture-in-picture mode.
- In some cases, the video continues playing in the background even after closing an app if the video was playing in picture-in-picture mode when it was closed.
- A video that is playing in picture-in-picture mode stops playing abruptly if the back gesture is used within the PiP settings screens.
- A system issue can sometimes cause the Android System Intelligence service to crash.
- When using a device with a work profile, the Google Play Store app in the work profile hangs or crashes when launched.
Android 14 Beta 3 Compatible Models
The devices that are eligible for Android 14 Beta 3 are Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5a, Pixel 6, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel 6a, Pixel 7, and Pixel 7a is one to receive this update for the first time.
Android 14 Beta 3 Download Link
We are sharing a download link for you, but it’s not an official link but shared via Kamila Wojciechowska so install this at your own risk.