Google has announced Android 14 Beta 4 for its Pixel devices including lots of bug fixes and some new features. Google Pixel Tablet and Pixel Fold got this update for the first time.
The Android 14 Beta update for pixel smartphones came with UPB3.230519.014 firmware number and a Google Play Services build of 23.18.18, this package also contains July 2023 Security Patch.
The models that are compatible with the Beta update are Pixel Tablet, and Pixel Fold, alongside the Pixel 4a, Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5, Pixel 5G, Pixel 6, 6 Pro, 6a, and Pixel 7, 7 Pro, 7a.
Android 14 Beta 4 Bug Fixes
- Fixed a system issue that caused both notifications to stop appearing and Quick Settings tiles to stop working until the device was restarted. (Issue #287756395, Issue #286542217, Issue #286556831, Issue #286739130, Issue #290217714)
- Fixed system issues that sometimes caused VoIP apps to stop recording audio when the screen was locked or the app was put in the background. (Issue #286703227, Issue #286927629, Issue #286917690, Issue #287473522)
- Fixed an issue where the title of the currently playing song would abruptly disappear or be replaced with other information when transitioning a device from always-on-display mode to the lock screen. (Issue #286522735, Issue #239835302)
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented devices from charging or allowed a device to charge but erroneously reported that there were issues with the connected charging cable or accessory. (Issue #278143400)
- Fixed a system issue that sometimes caused the Android System Intelligence service to crash. (Issue #286290268)
Other resolved issues
- Fixed an issue that caused the
CredentialManagerregistry to fail when using more than one set of credentials.
- Fixed issues where the HealthConnect API returned null pointer exceptions in some cases to calling apps.
- Fixed issues that could cause boot loops and “Application not responding” messages on some devices.
- Fixed an issue where some elements on the system UI didn’t retheme correctly when switching between day and night modes.
- Fixed a system issue that caused the Picture-in-Picture (PiP) window to be unresponsive when using an app (such as Google Maps) in PiP mode and then locking the screen and reopening the app by tapping the notification on the lock screen.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen wallpaper was sometimes reset to a blank, black screen when setting a new wallpaper for the home screen.
- Fixed issues that caused poor UI animations in the launcher.
- Fixed an issue where an intent picker dialog was incorrectly shown during work profile setup, which interfered with a user completing setup successfully.
- Fixed an issue that caused the rounded borders on notifications to display incorrectly.
- Fixed an issue where a device could sometimes become unresponsive if eSIM was disabled.
- Fixed an issue where the lock screen sometimes got stuck with a blank, black screen.
- Fixed an issue
ConnectivityServicethat could cause a device to crash and restart in rare cases.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the system volume slider to be stuck on the screen.
- Fixed issues where the titles of some Settings pages were not announced correctly and some areas within the system Settings app couldn’t be accessed when TalkBack was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could cause fingerprint enrollment to fail if the device was rotated during enrollment.
- Fixed an issue where connected Bluetooth devices were not ranked correctly in the system audio output switcher.
- Fixed an issue where the notification shade didn’t close after tapping a notification to launch an intent. Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the analog clock to fail to display when viewing wallpaper preview.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused only a right-side Bluetooth earbud to be paired.
- Fixed issues that prevented app launch animations from playing correctly.
- Fixed an issue where notifications from a prioritized conversation were erroneously dismissed when the group of non-prioritized notifications was dismissed.
- Fixed an issue where the share sheet sometimes crashed after pressing the copy button.
- Fixed an issue where the UI didn’t return to the share sheet workflow if a user-edited an image from the share sheet.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Face Unlock to fail.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused a USB headset to consume additional power when connected to a device that was making a call using Voice over LTE (VoLTE).
- Fixed a null pointer exception that sometimes caused the launcher to crash after launching an app.
- Fixed an issue where, when using a device with a work profile, the Google Play Store app in the work profile would hang or crash when launched.
- Fixed various issues that caused the system UI to crash in some cases.
- Fixed other various issues that were impacting system stability.
To experience upcoming features and are already enrolled in the Beta program, because of that you will automatically get an over-the-air (OTA) update of Android 14 Beta 4. If you are interested in a manual upgrade then flash a factory image or OTA file to download from the below link.
- Pixel Tablet: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel Fold: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 7: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6 Pro: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 6: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5a: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 5: Factory Image — OTA
- Pixel 4a (5G): Factory Image — OTA